What we do
Promotion of Maternal, Child and Adolescent Rights
ROHEF works with communities to:
Prevent child abuse and neglect.
Ensure child survival and development through provision of child friendly health and educational services.
Improve Adolescent Reproductive Health and to provide counseling and integrated care to all adolescents, especially adolescent mothers, and ensures their continuing education and development
ROHEF works with communities:
- To identify root causes of hunger and poverty.
- To build the capacities of individuals and groups in the communities to create wealth for themselves.
- To ensure skills acquisition for income generation and improved household food security.
- To encourage the use of locally made goods.
- To set up micro-credit scheme for small scale industries for youth and women.
Care, Support for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC)
ROHEF provides access to qualitative health, education, psycho-social, legal, nutritional and economic services through the provision of medicines and medical services, scholarship for OVCs into the primary to junior levels in secondary schools within the selected communities on our society, creation of kids clubs, Child Protection Committees; HES for caregivers and OVC; creation of food banks and home stake gardens.
Community Education Development
Classroom Blocks and Furniture
ROHEF works with partners to renovate or construct new classroom blocks and furniture where these are reasons for poor enrolment, retention and completion of basic education.
- Girl Child Education (GCE): ROHEF, is poised to reduce the gender gap in the educational system by indulging in activities that will help promote girl-child education to beneficiaries especially children in the Northern part of Nigeria.
- Civic Education: Education of community men and women on rights and responsibilities of citizens is one major component of our activities on education.
- Adult Literacy Training: Adult literacy training for mothers and disadvantaged youths is part of our community education.
- ROHEF supports education for all by providing the following :
- Books, school bags, teaching supplies and scholarships.
Improved Water supply
Wholesome water supply still eludes many communities in Nigeria with the resultant high prevalence of water associated diseases. ROHEF, fosters synergies and mobilizes resources from individuals, from civil society, from the private sector, from government and from donors towards the provision of wholesome water for sustainable development of rural communities in Nigeria. We have constructed boreholes in many communities and schools within our focus states.
ROHEF is committed to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and mitigating its impact on Nigerian people and communities.
These we do through:
- HIV Prevention for youth, couples and most-at-risk population (MARPS).
- Alternative source of income for MARPs.
- Provision of mobile and stand alone HCT for MARPS and the general population.
- Prevention of Mother-to-child transmission of HIV/AIDS (PMTCT).
- Comprehensive care and support for Vulnerable Children, including Household Economic Strengthening and Community Systems Strengthening.
- Home-based care for PLP.
ROHEF, provides consultancy services to the government and other Civil Society Organizations in the areas of:
- Programme development, implementation and monitoring.
- Policy development.
- Mainstreaming Gender and HIV/AIDS.
- HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health and Public Health
ROHEF has capacity to undertake other services on behalf of development partners, Government agencies and organizations such as :
Trainings, capacity building program for women, youth and the general populace.
Advocacy programs in the areas of good governance, peace and quality health care delivery.